Wednesday, June 29, 2011

9 june 2011

Had a few great days here in the "Big A" Adamawa region of Cameroun. Essaya and I participated in a two-day malaria rapid-test training. The training was held for health care providers who live in smaller villages than ours, but will soon conduct rapid-testings for malaria simple and provide medication. The providers will also refer people who have malaria grave or other illnesses to our centre du sante. The training was headed by Essaya and another health center supervisor. It was very well done and, although I didn't understand all the words of the two days of French, I learned a lot about malaria here and what medications the state provides for treatment. I walked away from the training feeling motivated and full of ideas for education at our center.

Fun stats of Ali & Ashia:
Running tick count: (count has hit a flat line after I medicated Ashia with American-strength tick killer, thanks mom for sending it) 13
Number of mangoes picked off tree with Timothie (Essay's son) today: 12
Number of mangoes eaten today: 4
Song stuck in head: Outloud by Dispatch
Number of things planted in garden: 9 (tomato, celery, parsley, basil, 2 types of "legumes", ginger, onion, carrot)
Current weight: 63 kg, same weight I was before leaving, and in Niger, nothing short of a miracle with all of this couscous I'm inhaling
Number of times I've run so far this week: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment