Monday, August 15, 2011

august 3, 2011
Happy Ramaddan to all! Ramaddan started this past Sunday, on July 31st. This means that people wake up between 3:30 and 4:00 am, eat as much as their bellies will allow, and then don't eat or drink anything again until 6:30pm. This will happen for a whole month, and there a grand fete at the end to celebrate making it through the fasting. It makes me a bit nervous seeing guys driving motorcycles down the road or working out in the fields all day when I know they haven't touched water since before the sun came up. Nevertheless, I admire the physical and emotional strength it takes to do this for thirty days straight. I think I'm going to fast for one of the four weeks. I need to plan it out so that I'm not doing too much at that time and can relax (faire de repos)/sleep in the afternoon when the energy and blood glucose level is lagging. We'll see how it goes; wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment