Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy belated Easter everyone :)

Hope you all are doing well! Happy belated Easter and happy spring! Indeed, spring has sprung here in the Adamawa region of Cameroun. It is the season of rain :( but also mangoes, mushrooms, and green green everywhere. Mangoes are delicious. I had no idea there were so many varieties of mangoes, ones that are big and tarty, others that are little and sweet. My goal next week is to attempt jam, I'm pumped. I've been cooking quite a bit more, learning how to make the local sauces and "couscous". My friend Etienne recently built a shade hangar in the front yard so I'll start cooking outside with a fire just like the ladies here do!

Puppy is doing great. The town vet and I gave her an anti-rage (rabies) shot this week as well as a special-medicine bath to get rid of ticks and fleas. Which just jumped off of her onto me......but seriously...it was just one tick on my knee, it's gone now.

Etienne and I are going to start a garden in my backyard this week. The soil and climate here are ideal for gardening of all sorts, things that no one has planted have already started to sprout near my house.

This is the last week of teaching English for the year. The students are taking their national exams and will be on summer vacation very soon. School will begin again in September.

Hospital is still good, more and more patients every month. I did my first animation last Tuesday during the vaccination clinic for babies. It went well. I explained all the various vaccines (what diseases they prevent, what months the babies should get them) in French, and a nurse translated into Dii for me. I will be doing that every Tuesday from now on, and will switch up the animation every few months with new material about maternal health, nutrition, etc.

Uploading photos is so much faster on facebook. Check out the album:
Facebook Album of Cameroon photos

And there is always these photos from before:
Picasaweb Album Cameroon

I don't plan on having internet again until June-ish. Happy end of the school year to everyone!! Twalk to ya soon. Love ya and leave ya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment