Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sad News...I'm in Morocco

18 January 2011
      Sooooo change in life plans. I am currently in Morocco. Due to safety reasons, all Peace Corps volunteers were evacuted from Niger. Here is the safety reason:

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/01/09/niger.abduction/index.html?iref=allsearch
        

    I was in my wonderful village for 8 days. I said goodbye to everyone in one day, packed up all my stuff, gave away all my food and home supplies to friends and mayor in my village, and traveled to my regional capital. From the regional capital, we traveled to Niamey and flew out early Monday morning. We are currently undergoing a Transition Conference in Morocco which is similar to a conference volunteers would have AFTER their two years of service are complete. It is really sad for us and for our villages and Niger as a whole, but I am grateful that we are all safe. We are completing a lot of paperwork, medical evaluations, and most importantly, discussing options for the future. There are quite a few options available.

    Thank you all for your support and love through this difficult and emotional transition time. I will keep ya'll posted as I determine what the next step in this journey will be.

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh, I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope you can go to another place and still complete your mission :)

    ReplyDelete